Services December 2020
- Sunday 6th December (Advent 2) – Eucharist at 9.30 am.
- Sunday 13th December (Advent 3) – Morning Prayer at 11.00 am with AGM/Vestry to follow.
- Sunday 20th December (Advent 4) – Carols, Readings and Blessing of Nativity Scene at 3.00 pm.
- Thursday 24th December (Christmas Eve) – Christmas Eve Eucharist & Vigil at 6.00 pm in St Peter’s, Peterhead.
- Friday 25th December (Christmas Day) – Christmas Eucharist at 10.00 am in St John’s.
- Sunday 27th December (Christmas 1) – Morning Prayer 11.00 am.
- Sunday 3rd January (Epiphany) – Extended Communion at 11.00 am.
Welcome to the website of St John’s Church, Longside, the “Cathedral of Buchan.” It is the “home” of the Rev John Skinner, the Clergyman, Theologian, Historian, poet, and our incumbant from 1742 until 1807. We have copies of his works and some of his personal possessions that are available to view, and his grave is situated in the churchyard behind the Longside Parish Church.
We are a congregation within the Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney, part of the Scottish Episcopal Church. We are linked to St Drostan’s Church in Old Deer and St Peter’s Church in Peterhead. Our Rector is the Rev Richard O’Sullivan.
Other officebearers include:
- Secretary: Mr George Marshall
- Lay Rep: Mrs Moira Nelson
- Treasurer: Mr D Murison
We hope we will be able to welcome you. Our church is open during service hours. Alternatively, you can arrange to view the church by contacting our secretary, George Marshall on 07717 282474.
Where we are:
St John’s Church is situated just out of the village on the Peterhead Road. Parking is available in front of the Church Hall, located to the right of the Church.
View Longside – St John the Evangelist in a larger map