Services Christmas 2021
- Sunday 12th December (Advent 3) – Eucharist at 9.30 am.
- Sunday 19th December (Advent 4) – Extended Communion & Carols at 11.00 am
- Friday 24th December (Christmas Eve) – Carols & Blessing of Christmas Stable Scene at 6.30 pm
- Saturday 25th December (Christmas Day) – Christmas Eucharist in St Drostan’s, Old Deer at 10.00 am.
- Sunday 26th December (Christmas 1) – Extended Communion at 11.00 am.
- Sunday 2nd January (Epiphany) – Extended Communion at 11.00 am.
Welcome to the website of St John’s Church, Longside, the “Cathedral of Buchan.” It is the “home” of the Rev John Skinner, the Clergyman, Theologian, Historian, poet, and our incumbant from 1742 until 1807. We have copies of his works and some of his personal possessions that are available to view, and his grave is situated in the churchyard behind the Longside Parish Church.
We are a congregation within the Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney, part of the Scottish Episcopal Church. We are linked to St Drostan’s Church in Old Deer and St Peter’s Church in Peterhead. Our Rector is the Rev Richard O’Sullivan.
Other officebearers include:
- Secretary: Mr George Marshall
- Lay Rep: Mrs Moira Nelson
- Treasurer: Mr D Murison
We hope we will be able to welcome you. Our church is open during service hours. Alternatively, you can arrange to view the church by contacting our secretary, George Marshall on 07717 282474.
Where we are:
St John’s Church is situated just out of the village on the Peterhead Road. Parking is available in front of the Church Hall, located to the right of the Church.
View Longside – St John the Evangelist in a larger map